Here's a little peak into a prominent aspect of my life. There are times that I cough right before I go to bed, and sometimes this lasts for a while. There are other times when body wakes itself up and I cough in the middle of the night. In either scenario, this equals less sleep for Jamie.
At the moment I have been coughing for about 2 hours, and I did an albuterol neb but that didn't help. If that's not going to open up my airways, then not much else is going to help. Except for some prednisone, but I like to avoid that if I can. It's pointless to lay in bed and cough because you just get yourself frustrated that you aren't stopping and falling back asleep. So it is better to just get up or at least do a little something.
So what's a girl to do when this happens? Well...
1. I do random Photoshop stuff late when this happens. Check out my facebook profile and you shall see the results of tonight.
2. Listen to some music. I prefer something a little mellow or just eclectic. Usually I'll hit up one of my radio stations on iTunes with piano songs or Irish music, or I'll play a mellower artist from my library. Tonight, the set list has been O.A.R. (Jarrod, be proud.)
3. As you have noticed, since you're reading this, I also sometimes write blogs. But I gotta admit that this is a little difficult. I am getting to that overly tired point where putting together these sentences is getting difficult.
4. Or I may read a book, the easiest of all options because you can read in bed. I am currently trying to finish Eclipse (that third book of the Twilight series) because I just can't wait to read something better once I'm done. Seriously, I cannot understand for a minute what is so special about these damn books. The quality of writing is not that good, I don't feel I can relate to the characters because there is no characterization, and I have serious issues with the whole premises of Edward's relationship with Bella. But, I could go on and on; I will save it for another blog (another time I'm coughing, haha?)
Well, I think I could possibly try to fall asleep now so goodnight. Hopefully you're all asleep right now, though.
Hey, Jamie! Sorry to see you had a rough night on Friday. That's not fun. :( Especially if you're doomed to read the Twilight series while you try to get back to sleep. You should read the book Sunshine instead: it's about vampires, but the characterization is much better and so is the storyline. And it's entertaining and easy to read. I just finished it, so I can recommend it.
ReplyDelete