Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Fast 5

Five quick things...
  1. We've rediscovered hot tea in this house. Coffee in the morning, hot tea in the evening to wind down. It's quite nice and usually easy to do since so many varieties (or, varie-teas, hahahaha) are caffeine free. For the longest time I stopped drinking hot tea because I ended up preferring coffee over tea in the mornings, but this is an easy way to have both. It sounds obvious, but for some reason I never really thought about it before. I also bought a sampler of tea so we could try some different flavors; I didn't really want to buy a full box of 20 and then find out we hate it. So far we've tried about 4 of 20. 
  2. Allergies are starting up already... wonderful. I actually noticed a visible layer of pollen on my car yesterday, and I've started coughing more at night. I took a walk with Josie yesterday, and it was great, and the weather was so nice. But I paid for it later. Yay...
  3. Jarrod and I finally got to check out the Washington Coffee Shop a couple Saturdays back. Since I couldn't have caffeine while I was on meds, and also while I was on meds back during December, we never made it around to the new place until last week. It's a great addition to Washington! I love what they've done with the space, it's comfortable and easy to get to. 
  4. I bought 'normal' eggs from Walmart the other day... not doing that again. A few years ago, I started paying more attention to the chicken industry. I learned about the conditions factory chickens live in, especially egg layers. It bothered me. I started paying more for my eggs, paying for ones that came from reputable farms that let their chickens truly have "free range" and live happy chicken lives. The proof was visible, these eggs had much more yellow yolks, almost orange sometimes, due to the rich diet of bugs, worms, and everything else chickens normally eat. I'd say we eat a good amount of eggs here. We frequently cook breakfast on the weekends or for dinner during the week, and these eggs tasted better! Who knew? Well, the other day for whatever reason, I decided to buy the Great Value cage free eggs. The yolks are so pale, I forgot that's how they looked. And they are flavorless! The scrambled eggs I made tasted so bland. Bleh.
  5. Speaking of California, Sunday are the Oscars! I always watch them, though I admit watching it without a DVR to play/pause the show is much less enjoyable. They're just soooooo stinkin' long, and I don't always care about the acceptance speeches. I have a hunch that viewership will be down, simply because many people don't want to hear about politics anymore, and every awards show is always speckled with politics to some degree. Artists, for decades, tend to lean to the liberal side, and typically have "liberal" causes they are passionate about. This is nothing new, neither is speaking out for causes which actors believe in, it's just that everyone is incensed over it even more right now. But I really do hope the politics is kept to a minimum Sunday night, not because it upsets me as in How dare they say something opposing to my view of the world! but simply because I think all of us are dying to not hear/read/think about political commentary 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment